Today we announced the close of $37.5 million in financing, a follow-on to our earlier announcement from September. This isn’t the point of what we do, but it enables us to fulfill the promise we’ve made to ourselves and to the world to change boating for the better.
This round includes some notable investors:
- L37 Ventures, where partners include Randall Ussery, who will now join our board of directors, and Monica Lee, my first hire and director of business development at CityAuction (the internet auction site I founded in 1997)
- Duffy Duffield, the founder of Duffy Boats, who has sold more electric boats than anyone else in the world
- Jeff Wilke, former CEO of Amazon’s Consumer business unit
- Tom Alberg, angel investor and former board member at Amazon
- Megan Smith, former CTO of the US, leader of Shift7, dedicated to increasing diversity in tech
- Several Pure Watercraft employees
You see a pattern – investment by people who know us and what we’re doing very well. Together, we’re making boating better – better for the boater, better for the boat owner, and better for everyone else who enjoys our precious outdoors.
Thanks to those who helped us get here (including current and former employees), and those who will take us to the next level.