Pure Watercraft designed each and every component of its lithium ion powered, electric outboard system to take full advantage of the latest innovations in motors, materials and power electronics. The simple and elegant, plug-and-play design allows for virtually any hull type to benefit from this more efficient alternative to the conventional gas outboard.
Our systems will charge as quickly as half-to-full in 90 minutes on a 240V outlet, or 5 hours per pack on a 120V outlet. The included charger allows multiple batteries to be charged simultaneously.
The GPS-enabled throttle allows automatic wireless updates to add functionality and improve system performance over time. Chart your trips and explore your surroundings with the confidence of a GPS-enabled throttle
Up to ten battery packs can be used together to provide the ultimate range and performance for a wide range of boating applications
Electric motors aren’t inherently silent. But they can be. That’s why we’ve spent years developing a proprietary gear set and motor control design to ensure our systems run quietly and with less vibration, all without sacrificing performance.
100% clean electric power flows effortlessly from our proprietary battery pack system producing zero emissions. No more oil or gas spills. No more exhausting noxious fumes directly into the water.
Our fully sealed electric outboard motor means there are no fluids to ever check or fill, no spark plugs, no cooling loop to get clogged and carry invasive species, no gear set rebuilding, and no annual winterization.
Pure Outboard Product Specifications
The Pure Outboard System consists of the Pure Outboard, battery pack, two routing cables and charger. The outboard mounts easily to any standard transom and is connected to the battery pack and throttle control via by just two cables which enable a simple ‘plug and play’ design. You can reserve your Pure Outboard system today by placing a fully refundable $100 pre-order deposit here.
- HP: 25-50HP equivalent
- Weight: 112lbs
- Water Resistance: IP67
- Voltage: 350V
- Propeller Top RPM: 1500RPM
- Propeller: 16″ diameter 3-blade propeller
- Motor: 25 kW continuous power PMAC motor, passively cooled underwater in line with propeller
- Integrated Power trim/tilt
There’s no reason to sacrifice range and performance with our all-electric propulsion system. Our patented Pure Watercraft Battery Pack system delivers the most energy per pound of any battery pack in marine, and about the same energy per pound as the battery packs of the best electric cars. Utilizing industry-leading lithium ion cells, our pack delivers instant power and torque which enables faster planing, longer range, and higher top speed than any electric outboard system of similar power.
- Voltage (nominal): 350V
- Capacity: 8.8 kWh (multiple packs can be combined for larger capacity)
- Energy density: 165 Wh/kg
- Cells: Lithium-Ion
- Weight: 118 lbs
- Dimensions: 22.7 inches x 14.9 inches x 9.1 inches (577 mm x 379 mm x 231 mm)
- Water Resistance: IP67
- Provides active thermal management to preserve battery life
- Cycle life: approximately 1500
- Screen to display state of charge, speed of travel, and travel distance remaining based on current speed
- GPS equipped to monitor speed and range
- Companion smartphone app
- Auxiliary power up to 10A for accessories
- Wireless communication allows for remote system diagnostics and firmware updates
- Ergonomic throttle handle includes integrated tilt/trim button for easy adjustments
- Can be mounted on its bottom or side, making it compatible with different mounting configurations
- 6.6 kW DC charger
- Compatible with 120V and 240V outlets
- Charge Time: half to full in 90 minutes on 240V and 5 hours on 120V
- Charges multiple battery packs together