COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account through the Application, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as your requests for assistance.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Product and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the Product, device, and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser version, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Product Information: We collect information from or about the Products you purchase, including:
- Telematics Log Data. To improve our Products and services for you, we may collect certain telematics data regarding the performance, usage, operation, and condition of your Product, including but not limited to, speed information, location and distance traveled, battery use management information, electrical system functions, and other data to assist in identifying issues and analyzing the performance of the Product. We may collect such information via automatic transmission through the Application or in person during a service visit.
- Safety Data. We may also collect data to confirm the Product is operating safely, including but not limited to, data about the current software and firmware version, connectivity information, data about any issues that could impact operation of the Product, data about safety-critical issues.
- Charging Information. We may collect information regarding charging performance and behavior, including but not limited to, battery charging history, the charge rate, duration, and location of charging, in order to analyze and improve the Product.
- Service Information. We may collect and process data about the service history of each Product, including but not limited to, the customer’s name, repair history, customer feedback, any photos you upload of the Product in requesting service or maintenance, and any other information related to its service history.
- Location Information: The Products collect and store precise GPS location information during normal use. When you connect your Products to the Application, we may collect such location information to provide you additional services relating to such coordinates, such as viewing past trips or viewing your current location on a map.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Services, for example, to show current and past trip information to you on your mobile app, to monitor the state of health of system components, to provide software and firmware updates to improve system performance and deliver new features, and to respond to service requests. We also use the information we collect to:
- Process transactions, deliver and install the Products you purchase, and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Act upon your service requests, including by verifying your identity and determining appropriate services;
- Monitor and analyze Product performance, trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages such as delivering over-the-air updates to your Products and contact you with service recommendations;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers and events offered by Pure Watercraft and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent safety and security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Pure Watercraft and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, data analysis and storage, shipping and delivery, payment processing, providing information technology and related infrastructure support, fraud prevention, customer service, audits, and marketing and advertising.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our Google Maps integration, we may share certain information with the integration partners.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Pure Watercraft, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition or other disposition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among Pure Watercraft and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES FROM OTHER COUNTRIES
Pure Watercraft is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information from other countries to the United States.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
The Products collect and store precise GPS location information during normal use. When you connect your Products to the Application, we may collect such location information to provide you additional services. You may stop our collection of this location information by deleting or deactivating your Application account. If you stop our collection of this location information, some features of our Services may no longer function properly.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Pure Watercraft by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.